Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy 21st Sarah!

Here's my version of a zebra cake I saw online. I made it for my mom's friend's daughter, Sarah's (ha ha!) 21st birthday on Monday. It was a cake I've been dying to make and I had fun doing it! It took a little longer than I expected, but when it was done I was very pleased.

This is the first cake I have made completely from scratch, white cake with raspberry filling covered in buttercream icing. I found a recipe online for a 'simple' white cake that turned out to be not too sweet. I also used 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening for the frosting, which turned out yummy. I was a little nervous about what they would think, but was told the cake was "great- not too sweet". That's all that matters, I guess! I think I will still sample out different recipes until I find the 'perfect' one.

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing looking cake! You are super talented! My favorite it the purse though. Can't help it.

    ReplyDelete