Sunday, March 22, 2009

Girls' Weekend

I had a nice weekend, with only a couple of "girly" cakes. The first was another purse cake for a friend of mine from MOPS/work for her mom's birthday. This was only my second attempt at a purse, and it was definitely easier this time around. I wanted to try some stenciling on the side of the cake, but after some trial and error I decided to forgo the stenciling. :( I will have to break down and just buy the special "cake stencils" after all.

Chocolate cake with bavarian cream filling
Covered in fondant with hand made fondant flower

The second was for my Goddaughter, Gillian's 11th birthday. She requested a marble cake and said her favorite colors were "light blue, light green and yellow". I wanted to make it cute, spunky and fun but not too froo-froo (ha ha). Here's what I came up with:

I think she liked it after all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment