Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Grads

A few weeks ago (sorry for the lack of posts..) I had the pleasure of making desserts for my brother-in-law Vince's graduation party. He graduated with his Master's degree, YAY!! My sister had asked me to do a really cool cake a while back, so I was excited to try it.

We started with cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla with BC icing, because I knew the cake wouldn't feed the 150 people they were expecting.

The cake came out just as I (and my sister) wanted! The top layer was white chocolate cake with strawberry preserves filling, and the bottom layer was Oreo cake with fudge filling. Both were covered in fondant, as well as the cap and diploma.

Here's the whole table set-up, cute!!

Earlier in the week, my sister decided they wanted cookie favors also... 150 of them!!
Thank God for her help, and my friend Nicole, or I would have lost it... It definitely was tedious!! They were well worth it though, they looked really cute on the tables. :)

I had also done a small order of cookies for a friend of a friend for some baby shower cookies. She gave me the design, and I think they came out cute! I will definitely use this idea again!

1 comment: