Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweetness

This weekend was relaxing... just some cookies and one cake. The cookies were for a friend of mine, Charity, who wanted just a little something to take with her to a girl's bachelorette night at the Gondolas in Long Beach. A sweet treat to go along with some wine! They came out really cute, just like I had envisioned (that's always a plus!). I had seen some cookie cutters that I think were meant for a bathing suit, so I had the idea of doing lingerie, instead. Nothing too crazy, just girlie and cute. :)


The cake was for a friend Lisa's grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. She planned a big surprise party, with family from out of town and everything! She told me she wanted a big, wedding-type cake. After all, 60 years is BIG! We had talked about a few designs, and this is what the final product looked like:

We were going for a vintage, antique look, and I think it turned out pretty well. She was extemely excited when she saw it, so that's all that mattered. She told me later that her Grandmother cried when she saw it, and said she didn't get to have a cake at her wedding 60 years ago. How special is that?!? Thanks, Lis, for giving me creative reign and the pleasure of designing and creating my first wedding-type cake. It was definitely made with love... :)

8 comments:

  1. I got choked up on that one Aly. Lingerie always makes me cry! LOL

    Seriously though, that is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALY!
    thank you so much! it was sooo speacial REALLY!! everyone loved it. My gram was super impressed as well that you only took on session of classes. SHE did not even want to cut the cake becuase she felt bad about messing it up! What she like best was that you made! she knows all about you and your fam, and what you mean to me! she thought that was very cool!- Thank you for everything! and thanks for making my gram cry! thats what I wanted...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok girl...that is beautiful. What is the technique you used on the sides of the cakes??
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story... and a beautiful cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Dawn, I used my damask cake stencils with royal icing. I did a white on white color scheme, then brushed it with gold luster dust to give it an antique feel. Thanks for lookin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I was logged in as my hubby! Ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to your blog and am amazed by what you do. I've always wanted to make cakes like these. Did you take a class, if so which one? Thanks, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do such fantastic work! You are truly talented.

    ReplyDelete